Wednesday 4 November 2015

October EXPO 2015

I've had to take a break from updating regularly because everything got a little hectic for a while. I was scrambling to finish my cosplays for October MCM EXPO and keeping on top of university at the same time, this resulted in me waking up to work on my Marian Hawke cosplay before university, going to university and then coming home and doing things until midnight when I fell into bed. Let me tell you, spray painting armour black in a dark garden at midnight is no easy task.

The convention was really wonderful, very different to previous cons because of the people I was hanging out with. I've made a lot of new friends in the last year and I mostly spent time with them, basking in how wonderful they all are.

On the Friday I cosplayed Susan Sto-Helit (sometime called Susan Death) from the Sky adaptation of Terry Pratchett's book 'Hogfather'. I don't have any proper photographs of her yet because I want to finish the gigantic sword that I couldn't get done in time for the con. So instead, have a photo that my mother took before I left and a photograph from the con floor.

Yes I did the same pose in both.

Photograph by Ramptopsman (on facebook)

I had so much fun being Susan, I was very comfortable all day and I felt really quite powerful with the huge cloak sweeping behind me and the wig giving me so much extra height.

On Saturday I was part of an huge group of cosplayers from many different countries cosplaying from Dragon Age, all three games were represented and everyone looked absolutely amazing. There was plenty of singing since Ingrid has a beautiful voice and there are bard characters in the games and many wonderful songs, we filmed a cosplay music video, got Starbucks, took a lot of pictures and generally goofed around all day. It was absolutely incredibly.
I cosplayed Marian Hawke, the female variant of Hawke from the second game, and my little sister joined me as Hawke's little sister, Bethany.

Photograph by Starbit Cosplay

Photograph by https://twitter.com/SynbiosTael

Ruby (my sister) did so well with her Bethany cosplay, it looked so accurate and suited her wonderfully.
You can see photos of just some of our group over on my friend Ida's tumblr account, she took some seriously gorgeous photos of us and they're to die for.
We were also filmed for a video by Shades On Cosplay which can be found here on youtube.

On the Sunday I cosplayed Alak Tarr from the little known TV show 'Defiance'. Alak happens to be an alien so I had fun with stage make up to make my skin completely white, pink contact lenses and a white wig.

Photograph by Emiliadressesup

This costume was incredibly comfortable after wearing Hawke's armour all day the day before and I felt super cool wearing it. Alak is quite different to the characters I normally in that he kind of starts off as a bit of a... Tool, for want of a better word. But then character development happens and he grows as a person.

I was so happy with all my cosplays from this weekend, it's quite a novel feeling, to not be focusing on the things I want to change, update and fix for once.
This coming weekend I'll be attending Brighton Film and Comic Con but I don't think I'll write a post about it because I won't be cosplaying anything new.
Normal posting should resume soon, I'm pretty busy with university but I still have more to post with regards my stays and past projects so keep any eye out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment